Wendy for Governor Campaign

Wendy Barth is running for the Governor of Iowa on the Green Party ticket, along with running mate Richard Johnson candidate for Lt. Governor.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Peacefest

Saturday was Peacefest in Iowa City. At first it was rainy, but after a while the clouds broke, the sun came out and we had a wonderful day with a good crowd. It was nice to be among my fellow peace activists of eastern Iowa.

There was a lot of interest in my campaign - we gave away all the campaign buttons and most of the campaign yard signs that we had brought along. Had a lot of discussions. Animal rights activists were there, including one with an anti-CAFO poster.

There was music, and a great keynote speaker: Antonia Juhasz, who wrote the book The Bush Agenda: Invading the World, One Economy at a Time. She was an incredible speaker. I bought her book, haven't had time to read it yet. I hope she writes as good as she speaks.

I scheduled a few more campaign appearances while at Peacefest (so now I need to update my calendar on my web site): I'll be on KRUI radio Monday morning, October 16 with Ralph Siddell.
The Peace and Justice group at Mt Vernon High School invited me to meet with them October 1 after school.
I'm looking forward to these events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home